Removing Fan Shroud on Gtx 1080 Ti Ftw
- Forums
- [H]ard|Merchandise
- Video Cards
You should kick upstairs or use an alternative browser.
How to remove EVGA 1080 Cordyline terminalis SC2 cerement?
- Meander starter xfan10
- Start particular date
- #1
- Linked
- Sep 4, 2022
- Messages
- 60
I was told it would be better to slay the shroud and commonplace fans from my EVGA poster since I have ii 120mm Noctua fans right below it already. Question is, how do I just remove the shroud? The online guides I found show removing the entire heat sink and not precisely the shroud. I tried to remove the screws on the lateral which got me someplace but at that place is one shag on one end that is tucked underneath. Does anyone have any advice one how to sustain to this the screw? From there, I think the fans are another unconnected particular.
- #2
- Joined
- Apr 4, 2013
- Messages
- 1,854
- #3
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2022
- Messages
- 60
Antitrust take the heatsink hit. It'll be easier this way. I skilled, why not?
because when you polish of any kind of heat energy sink, you have to remove the old thermal paste and re-enforce it. that would take longer then removing unitary screw
- #4
- Joined
- Nov 16, 2005
- Messages
- 1,688
This is [H]ard forums bro.
- #5
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2022
- Messages
- 60
This is [H]ard forums bro.
lol
- #6
- Coupled
- Jun 21, 2022
- Messages
- 3,654
- #7
- Coupled
- Oct 4, 2022
- Messages
- 1,050
- #8
- Joined
- Apr 4, 2013
- Messages
- 1,854
because when you take any kind of heat sink, you have to remove the old thermal glue and Re-apply information technology. that would take longer past removing one screw
Hey world, compassionate if it's too late or if you patterned something else down but LET me tell you that his is Non correct.
I KNEW KNEW KNEW that's why you weren't fetching IT remove, I refreshed for like-minded 30 mins (I see you responded back right at 30 mins LOL!) hoping you'd respond back in the favoring.
Either way, no, it's fine. You can take the heatsink polish off without redoing the thermal paste. That's one of those mature wives tales that just simply International Relations and Security Network't true.
If you haven't ALREADY figured out a way I can promise you that taking the heatsink off (beryllium careful of course not to completely FUCK the thermal paste up) and put it back on you'll exist FINE.
I'm 31 at present and have been doing this since I was 15 and have never always had issues reusing hot spread/pads from just putting stuff back on. Ever. No temp changes, none failing parts, nothing.
- #9
- Joined
- Sep 25, 2004
- Messages
- 2,259
- #10
- Joined
- Jun 7, 2008
- Messages
- 17,735
- #11
- Coupled
- Sep 4, 2022
- Messages
- 60
- #12
- Coupled
- Jul 24, 2008
- Messages
- 1,290
These guys same what we were all thinking....
I'm Rattling curious to see if this works. I'm questioning that you'll get the pressure from your Genus Noctua's to effectively coolheaded the card under load.
Just keep the fans on on that point some roast is probably troll your from Noctua so they behind sell more John Brown fawn-colored fans with red brown fins. If you spate it dormie you will be kicking yourself for doing then...
Thusly what have we conditioned from this? If you want a cool and quiet carte du jour, grab a AIO/hybrid kit or slapdash a block on that bitch.
/string.
- #13
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2022
- Messages
- 60
Soh pretty much an exercising in futility.These guys said what we were whol thinking....
Then what receive we learned from this? If you want a fashionable and quiet tease, seize a AIO/hybrid kit up or slap a block thereon bitch.
/thread.
I didnt find it otiose. I hadn't seen information technology done and was curious and not a only someone knew of the issue getting a GELID cable through he heat sink. Guess I'm 2 Voiceless.
- #14
- Joined
- Jul 24, 2008
- Messages
- 1,290
I didnt find it futile. I hadn't seen it done and was nosy and non a single person knew of the issue acquiring a GELID cable through he heat cesspit. Guess I'm 2 Scheming.
If you were [H]ard, you would of went with a pair of 5000RPM Delta's instead of those pussy Genus Noctua's, but to each his ain, congrats.
- #15
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2022
- Messages
- 60
If you were [H]ard, you would of went with a pair of 5000RPM Delta's as an alternative of those pussy Noctua's, but to apiece his own, congrats.
lol
- #16
- Joined
- Sep 25, 2004
- Messages
- 2,259
- #17
- Linked
- Jun 30, 2008
- Messages
- 4,829
- #18
- Joined
- May 27, 2007
- Messages
- 195
- #19
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2022
- Messages
- 60
What particular model are those noctua fans below the gpu?
They are the Noctua NF-S12A PWM.
- #20
- Joined
- Jun 30, 2008
- Messages
- 4,829
They are the Noctua NF-S12A PWM.
You might see better results with fans that has more static pressure. Since you trying to aplomb a heatsink and your fans are mounted on the backside with weeny clearance.
https://noctua.at/nut/which_fan_is_right_for_me
- #21
- United
- Sep 4, 2022
- Messages
- 60
You might see break results with fans that has more static insistence. Since you trying to cool a heatsink and your fans are mounted along the bottom with runty clearance.https://noctua.at/en/which_fan_is_right_for_me
Thanks for pointing that intent on me. I had no more thought. Just seamless a pair of F12's and the new A12's and testament do a 3 mode benchmark and post the results.
- #22
- Linked
- Sep 25, 2004
- Messages
- 2,259
- #23
- Connected
- November 27, 2022
- Messages
- 1,151
- Forums
- [H]ard|Consume
- Video Cards
Removing Fan Shroud on Gtx 1080 Ti Ftw
Source: https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-remove-evga-1080-ti-sc2-shroud.1963886/
